Friday, May 15, 2009

Mother's Day Sewing Project


I've had a sewing machine for a few years but never seemed to find the time or enthusiasm to sew until I started finding all of these wonderful sewing blogs. Wow, what an inspiration these ladies are. Their projects are awesome and they take the time to write detailed tutorials. How unbelievably nice is that?
Well, I took the plunge and made Maria a skirt for Mother's Day. I used the tutorial from here. Traci does an awesome job explaining such a simple project. It's the first sewing machine project that I took on and I'm so glad I did. Maria is wearing the skirt in this picture. Granted you can't get the best views of the skirt but she looked adorable in it. Also, I LOVED it when her faced lit up when I showed it to her. Maria wanted the "pretty dress" and screamed when I took it off. So now I will keep my eyes peeled for those pretty clothe napkins. Thanks Traci!

1 comment:

Dani said...

Oh my word! How adorable! I think I may have to try one of those! Oh wait, I only have boys... Dang! LOL! Super cute still!