Sunday, June 7, 2009

Project of the week - Decorated Hand Towels



I am SUCH a sucker for fabric and scraps. I even try to stop by the fabric store once a week to flip through the clearance section. But now I have a BIG bin-O-scraps that I have to find a new home for somehow, hence the towels. I bought a set of 2 from Target for around $1.50 and patched together some scraps and stitched it on the towels. It's the first time I created a quilt-like look. I love how they came out. They are so summery. They will be a gift for a co-worker.
I also bought some strawberries today in hopes of making strawberry jam. Ya-should be interesting...I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Dani said...

Look at you being all domestic! :) Great job on the towels. Good luck with the jam, I've only ever tried freezer jam. It was pretty easy. :)

Stacey said...

those are adorable...thanks for sharing. she will love them!

Deb said...

I love your towels. The fabrics you chose look wonderful together. Very bright and cheery :).