Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Drawstring Bag




I saw this tutorial back in April and just knew I wanted to make it at some point. It is extremely easy to follow. However, I decided to line the bag to make it a bit sturdier and had the liner fabric folded to the outside for contrast. Unfortunately, I had trouble with the grommets. I have the Big Bite. I tried several times without success on some scrap fabric and it just didn't work for me. So then I decided to try and place button holes on either side. well, that didn't work out too well. I cut off the bottom and sewed it again. Then I realized the drawstring can be on one side. I added the little loop on the right. I would have preferred to have it inside the seam but after all of this work, I didn't want to open it up. I am very happy with the final product. I am giving it to my niece as a very belated get well gift. It's big enough for a pool bag or casual purse.

1 comment:

Dani said...

It turned out super cute! Great job!