Saturday, May 23, 2009

Project of the week - plastic bag holder


Here's the project of the week. It is definitely coming in handy. I took the easy route and made the fabric all one piece and I got it done in 1 hour. Here's the tutorial.
I've been thinking about my stamping lately and how I haven't been doing it unless a card is needed. Why have I stopped LOVING to stamp? I don't know. Maybe it's b/c I spend all this time on a card to give to someone and never see it again. I wonder if the person who received it just throws it out. However, it's a keeper of feelings, memories and sentiments, but it gets tucked away. Sewing has given me an outlet to be creative but allows me to get daily use out of items. I love that factor. So I have been seriously considering purging some stamps. I've made some irrational purchases b/c of the old "that's so cute, I've got to have it" and then it sits in the collection for years never being used. Isn't that sad? Sometime soon, I will have to go through them and just do it. (it will be painful)

2 comments:

Dani said...

Ooo, I love these! I have a burgundy one under my sink! And I don't think people throw out your cards, I know I don't. I have them all on my magnet board above my desk! :) But I do understand what you mean. And sewing is fun too, in fact I need to pull out my machine and do a couple project for new babies in the family. Wow, this has turned into a long comment. :)

Stacey said...

i sooooooo need to make a new one of these. thanks for the reminder. yours is adorable btw...you rock!