Saturday, May 30, 2009

Wanna see some BOOTIE?


Hah, gotcha. I had fun with the title. My daughter LOVES shoes. I mean as soon as she gets up in the morning she runs to put her shoes on. So I decided to make her a pair of slippers. I found a pattern online that was sized 0-6 months, but Maria has small feet. So I increased the size by 10% and placed it up against her foot and it seemed good, BUT since I am not as familiar with seam allowances, etc. they didn't fit. :o( So I have one shoe, what do I do? I have the other material cut and ready to go. Then it dawned on me, I will give it to my neice/goddaughter Olivia! Her Christening is tomorrow. I hope to sew the other shoe today or tomorrow morn. Worse come to worse she'll get it a little late. I used scraps from a skirt I made. (I hope to post that too.)
This weekend I have a Christening (as mentioned before) and my nephew's Confirmation party is today. So here are the cards. The pictures don't do them justice, b/c the embossing looks so very pretty and rich in real life.

2 comments:

emily anderson said...

how adorable are those booties? you are so talented in the sewing department...send me some of those vibes!!

Dani said...

Nice BOOTIE! LOL! You are totally rocking the sewing projects! Very cute cards too! :)