Thursday, August 7, 2008

Butterfly smiles

Well, I felt inspired yesterday and with good reason. Wish on a Scrap is hosting a design challenge where this dress is the inspiration. Well, I've never completed this kind of a card so quickly and it was so much fun. What great colors are in the dress, eh? It's the perfect flirty summer dress. Anyway...here's the card. I really love how it came out. What do you think?
I cleared embossed the butterflies and used my sponge dauber to help them come alive. The ribbon was a lucky find. It was actually a piece of the ribbon that was on my bouquet from my best friend's wedding. I loved it and saved as much as I could.

7 comments:

Dani said...

Beautiful! Fantastic job, I love it!

Kim said...

Kathy that is AWESOME! I LOVE it! I haven't completed my challenge for RBSS yet...and your card is going to be VERY hard to beat...it's a winner in my eyes!:)
Hugs~ Kim

Cheribella said...

The card is stunning. A perfect match for the dress.
Cheri

Kim's Life said...

Love the colors! Great interpretation of the dress!!!

(tinxmagic) Laura said...

What a fabulous card... I love it! it matches the dress so perfectly! You did a marvelous job!

emily anderson said...

this card is beautiful!! you did a great job taking inspo from that dress!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty! I love it!