Friday, August 22, 2008

Meeting you



I've been a BIG fan of Emily's blog for a while now. I love her style. It's so fresh and inspiring. I am usually the gotta make things even and measure kinda girl. It probably stems from my job as a production manager. I've been wanting to break myself out of that mold. Recently I've seen her do some amazing things with paint and I finally got the nerve to try it. Here I used my WIP scrapbook kit. How convenient to have all of these coordinating papers and embellishments. 
I've slowly been trying to catch up on my stack of photos. When I met my children for the first time, unmedicated, I just burst into tears and cradled them saying. "It's so nice to finally meet you..." Being born premature and me suffering complications from delivery I didn't get to hold them until the following morning. Even the 9 weeks on bedrest didn't compare to that one night that I anxiously awaited to meet them.

3 comments:

Dani said...

This is just beautiful, Kathy! I love it, how sweet!

emily anderson said...

look at you, getting all crazy with the paint ;)
your layout turned out beautiful...and what sweet words you have to say as well!
thanks for the kind things you said about me :) i'm glad i can inspire you friend!

hope you're having a fabulous tuesday!!

Lorie said...

Oh, wow! That is just precious! :o)