Friday, February 6, 2009

I won!

Therese over at Softies Central is a big quote collector. So she decided to have a contest. All you had to do was leave a comment with one of your favorite quotes. Well, I thought it was a long shot. I've entered many contests and never win, but hey what's one more? There were over 60 participants that offered profound quotes from Oscar Wilde to Emily Dickinson. Here's what I wrote:
"When I was a little girl, my father and I loved watching PePe Le Pew mainly b/c of his adorable quotes. To this day (and I'm 35) my dad will send me a quote from time to time via e-mail. It brightens my day. So although these quotes aren't earth moving perhaps they will put a smile on your face. To get the full effect, you have to read it with a fake French accent. "You know, most men would get discouraged but now fortunately for you, I am not most men!" and "Where are you, my little object of art? I am here to collect you."
She wrote me an e-mail telling me that my quotes made her laugh and reminded her of when she used to watch tv with her dad when she was a kid.
So, what did I win?? Looky here:
I can wait to get it! Thanks Therese. :o)

No comments: