Friday, July 17, 2009

Diet Update

DH bought me a new scale. I went digital b/c I couldn’t stand how our old spring scale would have to be re-adjusted and it was difficult to read the lines. So, now a week and a half in, I started weighing myself. I figure if I see the progress in numbers, then I will be more inclined to stick to the program. I haven’t incorporated any exercise yet besides the normal rough housing with the kids. I hope to start next week at the latest.

My next endocrinologist dr appt is in late August, I believe. So I’ll be very excited to see what I weigh at that point b/c I know that I was at my high point at my last appt and I don’t know if my scale is comparable to theirs.

Anyway, I do feel better already. I don’t feel so inflated for lack of a better word. Again, my goal is 20 lbs by Oct 31, so I have about 3.5 months to go. It would be so awesome!!

As an extra incentive, I think I will post a before picture as a reminder of what I don’t want to look like anymore and maybe a pic each month along the way.

It was an eye opener to see this picture of myself. I'm not a large breasted woman by any means, but when the tummy extends past the girls, good gosh, something, must be done.

It will get better, one day at a time.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oh good luck...I am feeling your pain as well. 3 kids, family, stress, not excuses but it is my story!
You are brave to post a picture...I have lost 18 pounds since starting my diet...I weighed 18 pounds of food and posted it on my blog...I was shock just how much that was! again..good luck!