Monday, July 27, 2009

Clutter Bug ~ A-CHOO!

My name is Kathy and yes I am a clutter bug and have been for all of my existence.

I am loathing clutter lately. We have a small house, only 1300 sq ft, and it is filled to the brim. I told Mark this weekend that it's as though we've lived here 30 years, not 6.5 with all the stuff we have accumulated. So, I finally convinced him (and myself) that the stuff has to go. It's a lot easier when you're both running on the same track, ya know? I don't see us being able to move any time in the near future. BUT, even if we were able to move, who wants to move all the STUFF?! Not me.

It will be an ENOURMOUS undertaking and sure to add stress, but I think the outcome will make us all a little happier.

My parents just purged many items in their house over the past month. Even though it took a lot of hard work and was definitely emotional with memories flooding back from years past; they got through it. So for now, they are my inspiration.

On the craft front, I actually made a couple of cards this weekend and towels as well. I hope to get some pics tonight.

Have a great week.

2 comments:

Dani said...

Ugh. Clutter. I'm right there with you! I actually started decluttering in my craft room this weekend. Scary stuff... :)

Me? A Mom? said...

Hey there! I didn't see an email for you so I'm posting here in response to your comment on my blog.

It always makes me so happy when I hear others are inspired by my little quilting endeavors. I'm self-taught. I learned from reading books from the library and looking around on blogs online. If I had to do it over again, I would have taken a series of beginner classes as my local fabric store. I'm certain that would have saved me time, fabric cutting mistakes, and lots of frustration.

Definitely invest in good materials: a rotary blade, the largest cutting mat you can afford, a few different sized omni-grid type rulers.

Start easy - a patchwork baby quilt. And just have fun with it. Keep me posted on your progress! :)