Sunday, July 5, 2009

Catching up


It's been a while since I last posted. Fortunately, I am feeling a little better. So, I will live it up until the next roller coaster ride. :o)

I am starting a diet tomorrow. A friend at work filled me in on what she does, so I figured I'd give it a whirl. I hope to lose 20 lbs by my birthday which is at the end of October. I know it sounds like a lot and I am probably in over my head, but I really need to do something. I can't tolerate looking at myself in pictures anymore. :o(

So here's a few pics of 2 different projects. The elastic waistband skirt was the skirt I made in my sewing class. Funny story to go with that skirt. Here's how it went down:
Picture me sewing along, a bit tired and over concentrating when all of a sudden, WHAMMO, my finger gets stuck under the needle. YAH, THE NEEDLE WAS IN MY FINGER. 
Me: "Um, excuse, me, I'm stuck."
Teacher: "Whaaaaat??!!"
Me: "I don't know what to do, I'm stuck."
Teacher: "You should turn it; I don't want to hurt you."
Me: "OK. Everyone, I'm sorry if I start screaming obscenities. {deep breathe} Holy Sh*t, Holy Sh*t, Holy Sh*t." I then inspected my finger, "I wonder if it went all the way through?"
Teacher after seeing the blood on the other side of my finger: "Yep, it did."
Me: LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Seriously, I couldn't stop laughing even though my finger was throbbing.
Anyway, I think I will only post the skirt here and post the other project another nite. This turned into a much longer than anticipated post. :o)
Have a great week.


2 comments:

emily anderson said...

ouch! i'm always so worried that's going to happen to me when i sew :)

Dani said...

Oh my goodness! I hope your finger is feeling better! I've never done that but always worry that I will! At least the skirt turned out cute! :)