Monday, January 19, 2009

Crafty things


My BFF's baby shower was last weekend. I made these diaper cakes for centerpieces. I thought they came out pretty cute. The hardest part was the construction. Once I had that down, then it was easy. It took me two evenings and a little extra time to add the ribbon. The night before, I packed them up in a box and placed them by the back door. I went outside to pack up the gifts and headed back in (literally gone for about 60 seconds folks) only to meet my husband Mark at the door. He said that I didn't want to come back in and that I will be mad. He pulled back the door I saw my Mark Jr and Maria tossing around diapers. AHHHH! They reached over the fence and took a cake layer, deconstructed it and started playing. I said, "No, no, no, give those back to mommy." So of course, my daughter obeyed and threw the diapers back over the fence hitting me in the face. Let's just say I can laugh at it now.Above is just a card I made for my nephew's birthday. I love the paper, forgot I had it. Sorry, a little blurry.

Can you guess what this is?? Yep, I'm trying to learn to crochet. I know I'm nuts, I already have a lot on my plate and I am so very behind in scrapbooking, but I realized that I spend a lot of evenings on the computer. This is not a good thing when I'm on all day for work. I need to give these peepers and my mind a break. So, I thought crocheting would help me clear my mind. It certainly did last night when I first gave it a shot. I've got a long road ahead of me, but maybe, just maybe this craft will stick. Time will tell.

1 comment:

Dani said...

Ack! Those diaper cakes are adorable! Super cute card too!